Our current members (with links to their websites):
- Kane County Breastfeeding Coalition participated in The Big Latch On in August 2018. Besides recognizing breastfeeding as a healthy infant feeding choice, “The Big Latch On 2018” brought parents together to share perspectives and receive support.
- A survey of third-trimester pregnant mothers is available from the Kane County Breastfeeding Coalition. Read it HERE. This survey was designed to better understand parents' needs and expectations for breastfeeding support as we proceed with breastfeeding initiatives.
- Currently 67.29% of infants born in Kane County hospitals intiate breastfeeding. The Healthy People 2020 goal is 81.9%.
- Kane County’s first Human Milk Depot is open at Advocate Sherman Hospital –ready for mothers who register to donate breast milk for preterm infants. To learn more, visit: Advocate Children's Hospital
- A FREE DVD is available featuring renowned speaker, breastfeeding expert, author, professor and practicing pediatrician, Dr. Jennifer Thomas, MD, IBCLC, FAAP, FABM who addressed Kane County health care professionals at Breastfeeding Conference.
- Call 630-264-7653 to receive your copy!
Kane County's Breastfeeding Friendly Workplace Recognition
We are proud to recognize businesses within Kane County that help make it easier for working mothers to continue their healthy infant feeding choice. On behalf of the Kane County Breastfeeding Coalition, thank you!
- An electric pump and accessory pump kit (or subsidize purchase of pump and/or kit).
- Written educational materials for all employees on the benefits of breastfeeding, and why and how to be supportive to breastfeeding co-workers.
- Workplace support groups for working, breastfeeding parents.
- Lactation consultant services for education, counseling and support before and after the baby's birth and when the mother returns to work.
- A sink for washing hands.
- A small refrigerator to store milk.
- A comfortable chair.
- A written policy supporting breastfeeding employees.
- Allow for flexible pumping or breastfeeding breaks.
- Provide a clean, private, non-bathroom space for employee to express her milk.
Do you know a breastfeeding friendly employer in Kane County not mentioned below?
Examples of lactation rooms: