State of Illinois COVID-19 Response Website
Note: The pharmacies are not limiting residency.
You are welcome to make an appointment at a pharmacy outside of Kane County
Hines VA for eligible Veterans
Hines Veterans Hospital is anticipating an increasing supply of COVID-19 vaccines in the coming weeks and potentially adding more patient groups to their COVID-19 Vaccine Eligibility List. While they have not announced any new patient groups being eligible for the vaccine at this time, we encourage any veteran who would like to get the COVID-19 Vaccine who is NOT registered at Hines VA Hospital (which includes the Aurora and Hoffman Estates VA Clinics) to enroll for VA Health Care so that when they become eligible for the vaccine there will be less delay in being able to receive it.
How do you enroll in VA Health Care?
- If you live in Kane County, call the Kane County Veterans Assistance Commission at 630-232-3552, Monday through Friday. We will screen you for eligibility and, if eligible, submit your application to Hines. Processing time ranges from 1 to 24 hours.
- If you live outside of Kane County, you can apply on this website:
or by calling your local County Veterans Assistance Commssion. Processing times can take up to one week.
Before calling or applying, have your DD-214 and last year's financial information available. Please be patient, call volumes have been extraordinary due to the vaccine. If no one answers, leave one voicemail and your call will be returned in the order it was received.
- - - - -
HELP YOUR SENIOR NEIGHBORS
The organizations listed below have agreed to help area seniors with technology issues/difficulty registering for vaccine appointments or information.
If you know of a senior who does not have access to a computer or do not have an email address, ask them to call:
- Seniors Services Associates: 630-897-4035 (Aurora), or 847-741-0404 (Elgin).
- AgeGuide Northeastern Illinois: 630-293-5990
- Association for Individual Development (AID): 630-966-9393
- Aurora Public Library District: 630-264-4117
- Aurora Township: 630-897-8777 Ext. 1178
- Batavia RSVP: 630-406-9993
- Family Focus: 331-256-5980
- Fox Valley Community Services: 815-786-9404
- Gail Borden Public Library District: 847-742-2411
- Geneva Public Library District: 630-232-0780
- Hampshire Township: 847-683-9464
- Kane Senior Council: 630-338-0999
- Retina Health Institute - Dr Rashmi Kapur: 847-488-1030
- St. Charles Public Library: 630-584-0076
- Two Rivers Head Start Agency: 630-264-1444